Monday, August 20, 2007

Oops!

Scene 1: A snap of a woman (older with gray hair) feeding some kind of a sweet to a girl. The girl is showing the snap & I say, "Awww... your granny is so full of love!". She says, "Thats my mother", with a blank expression on her face.

Scene 2: My colleague is showing me snaps of his kid. One snap has a woman holding the kid. I ask, "Your mother? " . He says "Actually thats my wife, we visited this temple...".

Scene 3: Me, "How can somebody agree to marry some person who she has met only once & hardly knows anything about him? I mean, come on! Doesn't she even worry that he can be a pervert or crazy or annoyingly possesive?" The girl I'm talking to had gotten engaged to this guy she met a day before her engagement through a marriage broker.

Scene 4: Me, "The last time he got drunk my uncle kept him out of the house whole night!", to my cousin's fiance who believed that he is a teetotaller.

I'm so totally nuts I say!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally foot in the mouth i say!

Bit Hawk said...

Good ones!

Pooja Subramanya said...

ohh...look who is back!! And so many new posts for me to read.

Btw, scene 3 has been my very common social blunder for the past few months. I should really keep my mouth shut about my opinion on arranged marriage! :P

H.S. Dharmendra said...

Well, you're learning the hard way.

I was visiting my newly wed sister's house one day. My bro-in-law came to me, placed a new watch in my hand and asked wasn't it beautiful? I said it is, but I can't accept the gift.

I was red in the face when he told me that it's not for me but rather a gift to him from his friend.

Talk about being embarrassed...