Sunday, April 17, 2005

Gray Is The New Color

Yesterday being a sunday, had planned to get up late.But my land lady had to wake me up early with her weird questions. So grumbling I started with my routine work. while getting ready, I faced the mirror and what followed was not a pleasant situation. Of course the big nose and the messy hair has always been a problem but what I stared at now was what I never expected. There! in the rays of the rising sun, glistened a single long strand of gray hair!! At first I thought I saw my streaked strand of hair.But this was of a different color. It was a shock. At first I consoled myself saying this is the result of all the treatments done to my hair, but is it because of the age? I'm only 23 I screamed! My land lady knocked on my door and gave me a strange look. I looked at her hair, all white, without any trace of black, damn!

My mother asked me not to worry about it, else it will multiply! Is there any scientific proof for this? Few people believe that tension causes gray hair. Got to do some research on this. Resisted plucking it out, advice from my sister. What if I get more? Coloring is an option, but this is a sad situation. I had pictured myself with gray hair when I'm in my late forties, taking care of my family with children in college. If my father finds out he will have only one advice to give,
get married soon. damn!

5 comments:

John Doe said...

a few grays look neat... chk out Rogue in X-Men! to see what i mean .

Unknown said...

I did some research on this, asked people for opinion, and conclusion is, there is nothing to worry about!
It may be the result of coloring and perming in quick succession. Since the hereditary and stressful life causes are ruled out.

Keshav said...

hehehe-- nice way to kill the worries, which in fact is the exact reason why most people go gray, apart from natural reasons!

And my research is based on live examples I know in my life!

Unknown said...

Never in my life have I heard that compliment(?)but thanks anyway.

Anonymous said...

HEY GRIZZLED BEAUTY...
They're a sign of life. They mean you're living and surviving all the shit the world throws at you. And you'll get more the older you get.

I found my first grey hair about YearS ago at the grand old age of 17. Right in the top of my head, and it insisted on sticking up so that everyone would notice and remark on it. I used to pluck it out, but it would always grow back, so I just gave up.

Also i think we are lucky enough at least we still *have* hair!

We guys should start a new trend!!!

in london women are wearing grey extentions or weaves now . I even has a friend who has natural grey hair and it looks like he got his hair highlighted at the salon. anyone with grey hair should make the most of it because it can look nice and much healthier than others.

So let me know when you will have the second silver string popping out.

Njoy your new color dear.