Wednesday, April 13, 2005

HP Habba

HP Habba, thats the name of the fest we had last week for our BU in HP, festival of no work and all play. Rehearsed for the show for 3 weeks.The week before the event were just packed. No work and just practice, realized how much I lagged behind at work after the fest. I enjoyed myself completely. More than event, I had great fun at the practice sessions. I made many new friends, now I exchange pleasantries with people I never spoke to before. And few of us call one another with the names of the roles we played in the skit. I got the chance to act, dance and even sing a couple of lines from a jingle. All of which won me few admirers.

Our team won the runner-up prize which was well deserved. The prizes were a let down. It didnt quite gratify the participants for their hard work, even the dinner treat wasnt re-imbursed, but just thinking about the whole experience, the rehearsals, hunting for costumes, the discussions about the script, evening snack time, the bus ride to the auditorium, advertising our show, cheering for our team which reminded me of my college days, screaming and whistling, praying and hoping we make it through the show without any major flaws,the tension, the smug expressions on our face when any other team didnt perform well and feeling envious of the team that did, and finally celebrating was simply superb and unforgettable.

I liked this photo of my dance, its different :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 comments:

KAD said...

Yeah baby..you were the best!!! Only girl to act, sing and dance!! Too bad you lost all your makeup and your pants!! Never mind, we will make up for all that...maybe during our Storage offsite!!

Unknown said...

thanks,actually the pants i lost were borrowed! was wondering how can the offsite make up for my loss!!

KAD said...

I never meant that the offsite would give you back those pants (actually maybe you could flick somebody's pants while the person is in the pool). All I meant was we will make up for all that mental trauma by freaking out like there is no tmmrw!!

KAD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

The offsite has been cancelled!So looks like our lab doesnt deserve to have fun at all

Unknown said...

Could not make it to HP Habba... I definitely want to make it to the offsite. Sad that it got postponed. I was looking forward to it... :-(

Anonymous said...

Good to see an HPite blogging :-)

So, u were part of "Ahlad" team(Hulkul) in HPhabba, right? what were u in the skit? HR lady? :-)