Thursday, March 03, 2005

bundle of joy

Last weekend I had been to mysore, and finally got to hold my new born niece. She is so tiny,pink and cuddly. I cried tears of joy when mom placed her on my lap, it was pure bliss .It was wonderful to watch her smile with dimples on her cheeks, make cute expressions on her face and cry only when she is hungry. And she is wrapped up in pink diapers, clothes and pink blankets,lovely sight to see. It was overwhelming to see purest form of love between the mother and her daughter.

I salute women's strength and endurance.I'm not just saying this because I'm one too. Women are classified as weak beings, coz we cry for petty reasons, get emotional for everything and some of us are not strong enough to be leaders in male dominated society, but to bear a child in her for nine months, and bringing it to this world enduring pain thats beyond comprehension unless one feels it, is what makes a woman great. And it doesnt end here, taking care of the baby 24/7, staying awake at nights, feeding and cleaning. After being in labor for more than a day my sister still had the composure to smile at the visitors and had the strength to walk! which made me admire and respect her even more than I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chetan Dixit said...

oh! Working for Hewlett-Packard, I know what women are capable of.

Happy Blogging :-)