Thursday, June 30, 2005

Me Tagged Too..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have been book tagged, not a good idea to tag me coz I am not a voracious reader. I dont know how this works. Do we get the freedom to choose our questions too? Well I'll do this the way I want to.

Number of books owned: I have no idea, and I am lazy to count. Probably around 10 novels, lots of technical books, I just had this stupid notion that owning them would give me an intelligent flair, around 50 comic books. About 30 borrowed.
Book I love to read regularly: Reader's Digest [ok, its a magazine]
Favourite book: Calvin and Hobbes, The days are just packed [Thanks again for the person who gifted this ]
Current read: Fountainhead by Ayn Rand [when will I finish this!!]
Best read: The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck, Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer.
Worst read: Abduction by Robin Cook [I will never read his books again]
Book I will never finish : The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari [ sorry pal, this was your only bad suggestion ]
Book I almost died to finish reading: Angels And Deamons by Dan Brown [ everything is exaggerated ]
Book I enjoyed reading every page: 5 Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat [ though I doubt its his story in IIT ]
Book that I bought long ago but is still good as new: Data Structures in C and C++ by Tenenbaum [sorry if there is a spell mistake in the name]
Best possession : Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Best movie inspired from a book: Gone With The Wind, again
Books I have avoided: The entire Mills and Boons series [Yes, I am still a Piscean]
Book that I treasure the most: My college note book in which all my friends drew pictures and signed them.
Favorite comic books: Calvin and Hobbes, Archies comics, Asterix, Chandamama [I dont know if this book is still in circulation]
Okay I am done here, have to get back to work. It is killing me!

Oh wait...I tag these people

Cinnamon
Sattu
Sanju
Pooja
Krish

10 comments:

Krish said...

Hi Deepti :)

Hope you are fine !

I was tagged for this and posted the list two weeks back :). Thanks anyway for considering me !!!

We have one common book : Angels and Demons - reading now...( due to so many other work I am not finding time to finish it, thought it is very inetersting)

take care

Anonymous said...

try "coma" of robin cook. its been made into a movie too. probably that will change your stand on robin cook books. coma is a great thriller!

- ram

Anonymous said...

five point someone is not chetan bhagat's story at IIT, it is indeed a work of fiction as admitted by the author himself (read his acknowledgement page carefully, yup acknowledgements do reveal some useful info).

Sangeeta said...

Hey Deepthi..first of all let me apologise for not being able to respond to comments on my posts(as u rightly pointed out) I guess i cd give u many excuses for not being able 2 do so...ranging from having a hectic schedule..a virus attack which caused keyboard problems...lack of energy..laziness.....but Im only gonna promise to respond to them ASAP..prolly this weekend..


I sooooooooo love books too...Gone with the wind was a good read.. but somehow i've never liked Scarlett..

Unknown said...

Thanks avik, I havent read that one yet, but I am planning too.

@ram, I have watched the movie Coma, but not sure if its Cook's story.

@daggereyes, I have read every page of that book, what I meant was the story might contain few of his life's incidences

Hey Snageetha, no probs. Even I've been so busy that I am replying to all comments now. My blog is defunct too :(

Anonymous said...

coma is robin cook's book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/0451159535/0/101/1/none/session/ref%3Dpd%5Fsxp%5Fr0/104-7576708-2036761

-ram

Anonymous said...

finished fountainhead?
i'm sure u'll have something to say about it, when u r done!!
If u've given up on the book, thats OK too....

Unknown said...

I am still reading it!Had stopped it for sometime and read two other novels before coming back to it. Its interesting but too much into details.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deepti
Good collection. I feel astrix, calvin are must have's. And books like ur college book, so when will u finsh Fountainhead, then read
Atlas Shrugged. What do u think about Fountainhead.
And after reading your blog for smetime I thought u must b a piscean, so that turned out true.
And u still have ur choco collection left?
Sathya

Anonymous said...

The days are just packed - the days were packed indeed