Tuesday, July 05, 2005


My mobile phone is a very loyal friend of mine, though I sometimes consider it as a nuisance. A kind of a friend you cant live with nor can you live without. I might be way too careless in handling this thing and I have dropped it numerous times. Call me butterfingers but it just slips from my palm! Its a sleek and small handset and lots of times when I have tried to grab it in a hurry or just pick it up casually, I have manhandled it. It withstood the torture for months with minor scratches but two weeks ago, the umpteenth time, it said enough is enough and went on a strike. It just refused to ring and alert me when I get a call or a message. Since it was still under warranty, I thought of getting it repaired using it. I know warranty does not cover such accidents but just wanted to give it a shot. But the repair kept on postponing, I needed my phone to be with me all the time, as I was expecting important calls. Few days later I was trying on a PEPE JEANS which was on sale ( I dont recommend to even to take a look at this sale) and my phone slipped from my trouser's pocket and fell down hard. I was glad it was still in one piece. Few minutes later my sister called me and it rang!! I couldnt believe it! I was laughing like a mad person while other shoppers and my friends watched in bewilderment. This reminded me of Bollywood movies where a person, who loses his memory after a bump on his head, gets it back after another.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your handset must be of Nokia, right? No other company's handset can withstand such torture ;)

Goutham Srinivasamurthy said...

same with one of the monitors here.
I guess all the electronic gadgets are "designed" that way :)

Joviel said...

The line that caught my attention was the jeans sale :D .. crazed shoppers alike ..chuckle

Anonymous said...

Hey Deepthi,

I think you were lost like ur mobile for last few days.

I was wondering whether you fell somewhere cos I saw you smiling today!!

Did you fall somewhere OR Did someone give a thud on ur head ????

Unknown said...

An update. Today was the third time I collected my cell phone from the security after misplacing it in office premises.I was so embarrassed!!

Hey Niranjan, that is so mean. I smile all the time. But ya I seem lost and am very busy at work, which explains no updates in this blog.

Sangeeta said...

Heheh! same pinch!..My cell-phone has a huge crack on its screen..and i have decided to live with it..besides that there have been so many mishaps..i kept my cell in the bathroom..cos i was expecting an important call..and when i did get it...it fell off on to the wet floor(it was in the vibrating mode)...
It has died so many times..onlty to spring back to life in a few days...:P

U have been blogrolled

Unknown said...

Looks like I am not alone in this world of careless ppl ;) thanks for blogrolling me :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Deepthi,

I wasn't being rude, sorry if you 've got me wrong :-).
Just felt that you were lost for a while like ur cellphone..

Anbu said...

My nokia 6100 must be most battered mobile...its still going strong...just amazing...

BTW isnt it time to update???